Areas of Practice
Nate advises and represents individuals, businesses, and institutional clients in a broad range of real estate and commercial matters, including:
- the acquisition, development, financing, and disposition of real estate;
- commercial lending transactions (lenders and borrowers);
- commercial leasing transactions (landlords and tenants);
- the structuring, formation, and governance of corporations, joint ventures, and partnerships;
- corporate reorganizations and amalgamations; and
- the purchase and sale of businesses.
Work History and Education
Nate is a U.S.-trained lawyer who was first called to the bar in 2000. He has a B.A. (Hons.) in History from Queen’s University (1994) and a J.D. cum laude from the University of Hawaii (2000).
Born in California, Nate was raised both in Honolulu, Hawaii, and here in Victoria, graduating from St. Michaels University School in 1990.
Prior to being called to the British Columbia bar in 2009, Nate practiced real estate, business, and construction law at leading law firms in Hawaii and Connecticut and held underwriting and legal positions in the insurance industry in New Jersey.
Nate has served as a board member or appointed officer of a number of civic and non-profit organizations, and currently serves as a Director of The Royal & McPherson Theatres Society. Nate also serves as a guest instructor in Corporate Practice and Secured Transactions for the Law Society's Professional Legal Training Course.